Mittwoch, 2. September 2009

Update - Heading slowly back home

Heading slowly back direction home:

For all my travel-friends, abroad-friends and friends at home:
I was not able to fullfill any kind of news the last month. The chinese government has shut down a lot of internet-pages (Blogger.com, facebook, etc.) cause of the riots in Xinjiang. I travelled west by hitch-hiking through the country, and entered Xinjiang-Province via Tibet hitch-hiking twoards Taklimakan-desert. In Xinjiang the government has cancelled the whole access of the region. Only landline phone calls are allowed here. So I had a hard time keeping my blog updated. Urumqi is quite calm right now, except all the police and military controls everywhere in town, but the government will not give any access before october again.

Since I entered China I had all the way the little feeling “homesick” in my heart. I waited couple of weeks- but still need to head back home. The chinese culture is so far away from our culture – they don’t even use the same body-language than we do. So communication goes always within misunderstandings. During the fully solar eclipse I met the Canadian world-traveller Taylor – his plans where going into the direction west twoards Tibet to Kashgar. So I decided to skip my travel plans to South Corea and haed back home. While hitch-hiking to the western provinces of China (crossing Jiangxi-, Hubei-, and Chongching Province) I skipped even my own principles and did what I actually really don’t like: I booked a flight for around 200Euros to Turkey (Istanbul) from Urumqi in the most western part of china (Xinjiang-Province). I am not yet brave enough to cross those countrys like Aizerbaidschan, Kirgisthan, Afghanistan or Kasachstan). So after trying to sneak through Tibet I will go to Urumqi. Fortunately I will meet one of my good friend and old neighbour Theresa in Istanbul to travel with her for a while. To travel through “more European” countrys with a friend, makes me looking forward. We will travel up through Bulgaria and Rumania- so, these are the plans so far.

Arriving in Istanbul my backpack was lost in Aizerbaidschan and it took them 5 days to find it - thats like loosing home for a backpacker- and i still had a lot of trouble with that fuc... airline. Nowadays i am regretting that i did not travel overland to Turekey.
İ was so glad that my turkish Couchsurfing-host helped me out a lot with this problems while i was running around in the same shirt and trouser every day making stupid redicules phone calls...at least i got a back a day ago and now we need to head out of town so there is again no time to update right now - but i swear i will do it soon and then you will now about happenings on the road in China (hitch-hiking with the police-staying with monks in Tibet-surviving the biggest hagel-storm i ever had on the Himalaya-plateau- ending up camping at a chinese police-station-hitchihiking the southern silk-road through the desert....and so on)
Goodbye for now
Sarah

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen